Why I Scrap

Lately, I have been reflecting on my style and why I scrap. I am, like many moms, a pathological-picture-taker. I love capturing my daughter’s images (they are the perfect models); I love creating – combing papers, textures and colours – and sharing my pages with my family. But when I look through my pages, what I value most is the story. This is why I scrapbook – to capture the story with words, pictures and (sometimes) a little creativity thrown in. It’s a work-in-progress...

Looking at my latest creations, I see that I need to dive deeper to capture not just the events, but the emotions and truths surrounding the story and characters. I say this not to criticize but as an honest reflection of what I want from my creations.

***

Hailey getting ready for her first non-family birthday party.

Hailey is the laid-back, go-with-the-flow one so it was just another event for her (I think I was more excited).

***

Jess with no hesitation, petting and holding the snakes:

Frankly I was a bit surprised. No doubt she is an animal lover but (like her Mom) she is not always the biggest risk-taker.

Well that is all for today. Cheers!


Comments

Popular Posts