Album Sleeve

Hailey and I recently set out to clean the basement after a minor reno. For motivation we decided to listen to a record. Yes, an actual vinyl record. We selected Heads Games, Foreigner from Chris' classic rock collection and carefully pulled the record from the album sleeve. While pointing out the lyrics on the sleeve -- to which Hailey thought was super cool -- I experienced a moment of nostalgia... Flashback to a Christmas morning to when, as a pre-teen, I received my first hi-fi stereo system. It was one of my all-time favourite Christmas gifts, second only to my wooden dollhouse. Likely purchased from Radio Shack, it was sleek, black, framed by two large speakers and equipped with a turntable stacked on top of a AM/FM radio tuner, a sound equalizer and a dual cassette player. Yay baby! I spent the morning listening to LPs completely engaged in the music; my heart and soul filled with joy. While today's electronic devices provide superior digital sound and ease of use they can't compare to that powerful moment of complete auditory bliss. Funny how a memory can come upon you. Thank you album sleeve.
I included this story as an insert in my 2021 Project Life Family album. A very simple layout -- mostly digital -- that focuses on the story.

Comments

Popular Posts