What a difference a year makes

I am going through total camera withdrawal. We purchased the new Canon Rebel XS online and I can't wait until it arrives (after the first order was screwed up - long story). Hopefully it arrives before Halloween or I'm going to freak... of course, than I won't need to dress-up because I will already be a raging lunatic!

I attended an open house last night in regards to the HUGE wind turbines to be installed 550 meters from our house. Holy cow!! While I am all for clean energy, I am concerned about the set-back from our house. Many residents who live near turbines complain of noise and adverse health affects. Not to mention declining property values, stray voltage, shadow flicker and the ugly access road to be installed along our property line. While the developer is trying to reassure us, I am very nervous. I'll keep you updated on the situation.
****
In the absence of new pix, I'm sharing some comparison shots of Hailey apple picking 2007 & 2008:


















And this is dedicated to our dog Lacey. Each day she obsesses a little less over the cats. I am pleased to report that on a few early morning occasions, the cats have bravely ventured out from the basement (while Lacey's snoring away on the couch).

Comments

Popular Posts